- Diabesity (obesity + diabetes) affects more than one billion people worldwide, including 100 million Americans and 50% of Americans over 65.
- More than half of Americans are overweight, and a full one-third are clinically obese.
- Recent reports suggest that one-third of people born in 2010 will develop diabetes at some point in their lives.
- 9 out of 10 Americans will develop high blood pressure before they die.
- 4 out of 10 people who die each year in the U.S. die of heart disease, and rates of heart disease are projected to double in the next 50 years.
- Rates of infertility are expected to double in the next decade.
- According to the World Health Organization, depression is now the leading cause of disability, affecting more than 120 million people worldwide.
(read more click here)